- Coffee a drink usually brewed hot, is the top beverage that can warm you up on a cold snowy day. There are two main reasons why many people enjoy drinking coffee, for starters, coffee is hot. Who wouldn’t want to drink a nice hot beverage when you’re freezing cold? And two, because there is caffeine in coffee which increases your metabolism, raising your body temperature.
- Soup is another great choice for a warm meal. There are plenty of reasons why you would want to try making soup. It is simple to make, and based off of your preferences, it is a healthy and delicious diet, and of course, it warms you up! And even if you don’t want to make soup, you can always just buy some from your local grocery market.
- Brown rice is one of the unknown and less common foods that people eat to warm up. Although it may not seem like it, scientific research and data shows that rice, specifically brown rice actually warms you up. The reason for this is because the carbohydrates in brown rice require more energy and effort to digest, and are metabolized slowly. What this means is that your body will be working harder for longer periods of time, keeping you warm for a long time.
- Ginger is a root food, and can taste spicy to some people. However, the reason why ginger is one of the top foods to warm you up is because of the effect ginger has on your circulation system. Ginger increases your body temperature by improving your blood flow and circulation. Ginger contains oils called “gingerols” which are one of the reasons why ginger is so good at raising temperature. There are many ways to eat/taste ginger, only a few of which are ginger candies, syrups, teas, cookies, breads, and many more!
- Bananas. A daily dose of fruit is always great for your health, but there is one specific fruit that really gets there in cold weather. Another uncommon winter food, bananas are great for vitamins and for certain body glands to work properly. Your thyroid and adrenal glands are glands that regulate body temperature. The more bananas, the greater your glands!
- Coconut oil is one of the many oils that come with numerous different uses. This oil can help you soothe your dry skin, it can help with your cooking, and even if you don’t have dry skin, you can still use it on yourself to ensure you feel warm. Coconut oil is composed of unique fatty acids that are highly saturated. Saturated foods can strengthen your bones, and are useful for a healthy brain, and healthy lungs.
March 6, 2022